Monday 23 August 2010

The Surfin Bird

Every so often you get caught offguard with a request. Sometimes it's a song that you've never heard of, one that you can't possibly play as it's too heavy, has swearing in it, too slow, etc, etc.

However, this Saturday I was caught off guard in a good way with a request at a wedding I was doing in Motherwell. For the first time I was asked to play The Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen. For all the Family guy fans out there, you'll be very familiar with this song!

It just so happens that this song has been stuck in my head for months now, it has that effect on you. I was however unsure of how people would react to it. Afterall, not everyone might have seen this piece of vintage '60's cheese on Family Guy.

Never the less, I plucked up the courage and play it. Much to my delight, the dancefloor was filled with people doing the Peter Griffin dance!

If you haven't seen it, treat yourself and click on the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, your feedback is always appreciated