Thursday 19 January 2012

You Want What Song!?


Just a very quick blog today, of a story from Xmas party season that still makes me chuckle.

As you may know, I was working with the fabulous Waterfront for the second year in a row for Christmas parties. The way it works is, I’ll do the background music during the meal, do the table shout outs / introductions towards the end of the meal, then get party kicked off. Around half an hour after I’ve kicked it off, Waterfront come on and do a 45 minute set.

So, the story… I’m around 15 minutes into my first set and a gentleman, who must have been in his late 60’s, come over and asks for The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Havin’ a Good Time.

He proceeded to sing having a good time.

Now, I’m a fan of the Chilies, but this was a new one on me.

My plan was to play a wee bit of rock after the break, so I told the gentleman that I’d have a flick through the Red Hot Chili Pepper tracks I had whilst the band was doing their first set.

15 minutes later, Waterfront had were on stage and ready to go. So, I gave them the grand introduction and warm welcome they rightly deserve and passed over to them.

The hit the first few bars of I Gotta a Feeling. As Mairi Clare gracefully sung the first line…

“I gotta feeling, ooooooooooo,  that tonight's gonna be a good night”

The Gentleman rose of his seat with a beaming grin on his face. He pointed at the stage and shouted over to me

“That’s the one!”

For one night only, he strutted his stuff to The Black Eyed Chilli Peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, your feedback is always appreciated