Wednesday 8 June 2011

DJ Reliability

It amazes me how many calls we take on a weekly basis from people who've been let down by their DJ. Some people call when they arrive at the venue to discover the DJ is not going to appear. They are then left in a blind panic trying to find entertainment for their party.

We took a call last night from a client who had a slightly more considerate DJ, he let them down a week in advance. The reason / excuse he gave the client... His lights aren't working.

This was a new one, I think he perhaps meant, the lights are on but nobody's home!

If this was a genuine reason, it really emphasises the fact that DJ's should ALWAYS have backup gear.

The harsh reality is, however, he probably got offered a gig that is going to earn him more money. This type of person tarnishes the reputation of the whole mobile disco industry.

Fortunately, we're not all like this, there's some of us that still believe in giving fantastic customer service and being 100% reliable.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree.

    I only DJ for family/friends and even then I've got 2 full PA systems and if I need spare lights, I'll hire them myself.

    I have also had to bail out many friends at the last minute because of DJs pulling out.

    Good to know there are professionals out there like yourselves that people can rely on.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, your feedback is always appreciated