Saturday 10 September 2011

Best Band In Glasgow?

I’ve had the opportunity to work with some fantastic bands over the years, but I’d never looked forward to working with one as much as BigVern & the Shootahs.
Two weeks ago, in The Glasgow Hilton, there were two stages setup in the main ballroom. One stage was for me and the other... Big Vern & the Shootahs.
I’d heard the reviews, read the client testimonials and watched the youtube videos, which is why I so eagerly anticipated this party.
They did not disappoint!
Even when I was doing my sound checks, their lead guitarist started jamming along to AC/DC’s You Shook Me All Night Long, which was blaring from my PA.
They played crowd pleaser after crowd pleaser, to the point where people were sprinting to the dance floor to boogie along to the soul & funk infused setlist.
Often when I work with a band, I take the opportunity to  have a bite to eat or chill out backstage somewhere, but my eyes were glued to the stage when Big Vern & the Shootahs were playing. I even came away with one or two ideas!
If you get the opportunity to see them or book them... Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, your feedback is always appreciated