Friday 18 November 2011

Speakers… Or Are They?


Blog number 2 in the cynical, tongue in cheek life of a DJ is about speakers.

I’m really proud of my sound system / PA. It’s a 2400 watt bad boy, with beautiful bass tones. Having a good sound system is really important to me, I truly believe it can make a huge difference to the quality of the night.

I’ve mentioned in previous blogs about how accessible DJing is, with a plethora of ‘DJs’ opting for cheap speakers from Maplin.

Yes, the speakers take their toll on my back, but it’s worth it for the well-rounded sound.

As much as I love my PA, I feel like I’ve been a little short-sighted when spending my £2,200 on it. However, many guests at parties have spotted the error of my ways and found another usage for them.

With such a lofty price tag, the speakers really should serve more than one purpose. The other function for them… a drinks stand!!!

Genius, I’m equally disappointed and astounded with myself why I didn’t think of this. In fact, it’s a little bit ignorant of me not to supply coasters as well.

You can imagine my joy when the rumbling bass tones cause a glass to topple over. I don’t think you can beat a bass bin that smells like lager, red bull and vodka!

1 comment:

  1. very well said, i have even put cards saying "do not place any drinks here" and they just ignore them!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, your feedback is always appreciated